Rodrigo E. Peimbert-García is the Director of the International Liaison Office of TEC in Sydney, Australia since September 2019. He is a result-oriented, proactive, versatile, and committed person with a passion for international education. Rodrigo holds a PhD in Engineering Management from Texas Tech University (TTU), and he is a certified Lean Six Sigma MASTER BLACK BELT by BMGI. In addition, he belongs to the Engineering Honor Society Tau Beta Pi and Industrial Engineering Honor Society Alpha Pi Mu in the United States.
Since he joined TEC in 2007 to study his master's degree in Quality and Productivity Systems, Rodrigo has focused on creating his own accelerated and comprehensive training in different areas, wherein he has gained experience as:
1) Assistant in the EXECUTIVE EDUCATION area and coach of Lean Six Sigma PROJECTS, with estimated annual savings of $80K USD per project, in companies such as: ARC Automotive, Bayer Health Care, Gonher de México, Earth Tech, Continental, Frisa Aerospace , Methode Electronics, Xertix Metronet, Cornelius, Vitro, and Excel Dura Auto Parts.
2) Research assistant during the TEC-TTU dual degree program. Here, he participated in RESEARCH PROPOSALS for the National Science Foundation (NSF) and the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) in the United States.
3) CONSULTANT with focus on optimizing maintenance processes (LEAN), including Kaizen events, for the Federal Electricity Commission (CFE) and Aeromexico Group at the Mexico City International Airport.
4) Associate researcher and GRANT specialist in a private Technology Transfer Office, where he developed proposals to fund innovation projects (INADEM, FOMIX and PEI).
5) TEACHING Professor at both TEC, SLP Campus and abroad (Ecuador and Puerto Rico). The role in SLP included providing support in activities to increase freshmen recruitment and enrollment, the program director, the head of department, and talent detection for short-term academic leaders. Some of the results in this position include a NOVUS award for $200k MXN and an Ecoa of 9.78 during the last semester.
6) RESEARCH Professor SNI at TEC, MTY Campus, where he participated in proposals and developed projects in the area of Healthcare Systems Engineering. He also collaborated in research projects related to Art and Neuroscience and the Water Center for Latin America. He also participated in the design of academic units of the 3rd. semester for the avenue of Innovation and Transformation, of the new TEC21 educational model. He was awarded as one of the TOP professors of the Industrial Engineering department during his last semester.
7) DIRECTOR of the Liaison Office of the Office of the Vice Provost for INTERNATIONALIZATION in Australia, and HONORARY professor in the School of Engineering at Macquarie University (MQ) QS195. Here, he has published 12 articles in Scopus Q1/Q2 scientific journals with double TEC¿MQ affiliation since September of 2019. Additionally, he has also been involved in the follow up on rankings and global reputation of both universities.
In this way, Rodrigo has gained experience in the areas of internationalization, research, teaching, grants, consulting projects, and executive education. Finally, one of his favorite quotes comes from Shaquille O'Neal's basketball hall of fame speech: "Work hard, never give up, and continue to LEARN."